1. RISKS OF EXPOSURE: The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a worldwide risk to human health. COVID-19 is highly contagious and has a mortality rate many times greater than the flu. COVID-19 can spread easily and exponentially. While people of all ages are at risk of catchingCOVID-19, persons with compromised immune systems and older persons may be at particular risk.
2. “STAY HOME ORDERS”: In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the State of California, as well as many California cities and counties have issued so-called “Safer at Home” or “Shelter in Place” (“Stay Home”) Orders, obligating many businesses to close and residents to stay at home with limited exceptions for essential activities.
3. REAL ESTATE ACTIVITIES AS ESSENTIAL: Under Federal and State guidelines, real estate activities, which include property management, are considered essential activities. Nevertheless, this designation does not make them free from COVID-19 risks. All persons must still practice “social distancing” and take all steps necessary to protect themselves and others. Some county and city orders are more restrictive than, and may take precedence over, Federal and State guidelines. You understand that if you engage in any activities in violation of any Stay Home Order, you are acting against the advice of Broker. Brokers and Agents will not violate any Stay Home Orders, notwithstanding any Party’s instructions and will obey all Fair Housing laws while pursuing safe COVID-19 practices.
4. PURPOSE OF ENTRY: The purpose of the entry is for allowing prospective tenants to view or inspect the Premises in furtherance of a lease agreement.
5. PROPERTY MANAGER: If the person Signing below is a prospective tenant, real estate agent, or other person whose services facilitate the completion or fulfillment of a lease/rental agreement or property management service, the Signer is voluntarily entering the Premises. Signer acknowledges that although others have been advised to clean and disinfect the property after each entry, doing so may not be possible, and may not have occurred prior to your entry, due to Stay Home Orders and other circumstances. Signer agrees to take all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect Signer and others from the spread of COVID-19, including, but not limited to, the following:
Following all Federal, State, and local laws and Stay Home Orders, even though such laws and orders may be changing rapidly. Exercising care to protect yourself, and assessing your own risks, by considering your age, underlying health conditions, recent travel, possible exposure to COVID-19, doctor’s recommendations, and local, State and Federal recommendations. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to evaluate the risks and protect yourself.
Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer, and wearing rubber gloves, a protective face mask, and protective shoe coverings. Remember to not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Practicing social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and others. Do not gather in groups, and do not touch surfaces or items on the Premises. If you believe it necessary to touch surfaces or items in the Premises, consider the risks of doing so.
After viewing the Premises, discard any gloves, masks, or shoe coverings worn during the visit and wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds.